Please see below for our equality policy and objectives. We have an equalities team within the school that are driving our diversity agenda.
The team are currently developing the following initiatives:
- Ethnic minority pupil group with the aim of providing a safe space to explore and discuss their ideas about making Balfour as inclusive as possible.
- Parent forum to support the strategic direction of the equalities and diversity agenda.
- Language group - for children who also speak other languages to meet (monthly) and be able to speak to one another in their first language.
- We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to have a staff body that matches the social and cultural diversity of our pupil intake.
- We are committed to ensuring that we follow a strict equal opportunities process for recruitment at all stages.
Our staff equalities lead is Ms Loader (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our equality and diversity action plan for 2022-23 can be viewed below.
Staff have come together to formulate the 10 ways that all Balfour staff can promote diversity and equality every day. Please see below.